Best Roasted Shoulder of Lamb Recipe
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver (Jamie at Home) by Jamie Oliver. Coyright (c) 2008. Published in the U.S. by Hyperion.
- 1 shoulder of lamb approximately 2 pounds
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 bulb garlic broken into cloves but left unpeeled
- Preheat oven to full heat. Nope. Not kidding.
- Slit the fat side of the lamb all over with a sharp knife. Lay half the sprigs o rosemary and half the garlic cloves on the bottom of a high-sided roasting pan. Rub the lamb all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place it in the pan on top of the rosemary and garlic and put the rest of the rosemary and garlic on top of the roast. Tightly cover the tray with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Turn the oven down immediately to 325 degrees F and roast for 4 hours. It's done if you can pull the meat apart easily with 2 forks.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and place it on a cutting board. Cover it with foil, then a kitchen towel and leave it to rest 15 minutes while you finish your side dishes.
- Slice or pull and enjoy!